Tuesday, July 18, 2006

India Shining

Yesterday morning my milkman knocked the door for his payment. Before I could say anything further, he asked me ‘sir, which one is better – computer science or electronics and telecomm?’ I asked why to which he replied that her daughter has applied for admission. I said both were good but the milkman had probably made up his mind, he wanted to stick to EVERGREEN career options like Computers. I really loved talking to the milkman coz it’s not everyday that I get to see milkmen who want to educate their children with tech/professional education that too a daughter not a son. It really makes you feel great in the morning that your country is progressing so well.

My milkman is not the lone case. Newspaper vendor at my Mumbai home is auditor in an automobile retail company and he travels all over the country to audit its branches. I remember, five years back he used to come on cycle now he has bike and he seldom comes to collect his payment. I really want people like these to move forward in life coz then only we will fully develop. I really want people to all aspect of professional life but I know it too tough to dream that an Indian father will ask, ‘which is good rockumentary making or film making?’ I will wait for that day.

No comments: